Difference Between Soundbar and Home Theatre System
Your TV already has built-in speakers to help you listen to everything you are watching in it. You might be wondering what the sound you are listening to is satisfactory and you will not have to invest in a pair of speakers anymore. But, the moment you listen to the sound produced by a dedicated external set of audio equipment, you will come to realize what has been missing.
People invest in audio systems for a reason and the reason is very simple – to get a revamped and ecstatic sound experience in their house. If you are planning to upgrade your audio system, then you have two set of options in front of you – a soundbar and a home theatre system.
Soundbars are a modern day solution for an ecstatic sound experience and home theatre system needs no introduction to what they are capable of. So which one should you buy? In this article, we will discuss with you which is a better option – a soundbar or home theatre system. We will break the article into FOUR important parts for your ease.
- Benefits of Choosing a Soundbar
- Benefits of Choosing a Home Theatre System
- Which One is The Best For You?
So let’s begin!
Benefits of Choosing a Soundbar?
Soundbars have become popular in today’s market due to a variety of reasons. Not only they are a solution to provide an upgrade from your inbuilt TV speakers. These gadgets also have the ability to provide an excellent and long term audio service. Have a look at the different ways in which a soundbar can be beneficial for you.
- Save space – “surround systems” not only surround your entire room with sound but takes up a lot of physical space. That is not the case with a soundbar. These are compact and thin in design which can easily be kept under the television, in front of it or you can even mount it on the wall. So you don’t have to worry about running out of space while placing the soundbar in your room.
- Easy Installation – soundbars are much easy to connect. They come with a plethora of different ways in which you can connect them to your TV. Some of the connectivity options available are – Bluetooth, HDMI ARC, 3.5mm jack etc. So you can easily connect your soundbar with the TV.
- Precision Engineering – soundbars are made with precise engineering and technology which helps the users to get an unforgettable sound experience. They are capable of producing much better sound when compared to a 2.1 channel stereo speaker or other audio equipment.
So as you can see that a soundbar is an excellent modern solution when you want an audio upgrade. Now I will show you the benefits that you can get by installing a home theatre system over a soundbar in the next section.
Benefits of Choosing a Home Theatre System?
Home theatre systems have been around for a while and their craze has not yet died out. People still invest a lot of money in purchasing a top class home audio setup. Now that you have read about the benefits that a soundbar can provide you with, we will come in terms with the benefits of a home theatre system. Keep reading!
- Exceptional surround sound – even though soundbars are surprisingly powerful, they cannot compete with a home theatre system when it comes to surround sound. Since the speakers will be placed at different positions in your room, a home theatre system will be more efficiently able to surround your room with ecstatic sound.
- Better customization – when you choose a home theatre system, you get choose from 2.1, 3.1, 5.1, 7.1 and even 9.1 audio channels. So you can purchase a home system based on the size of your room or the budget you can currently afford. But with a soundbar, you will need to pay the whole price together because it is a single gadget itself. Even if your room does not require such acoustics.
So if you really want a serious upgrade to your audio preferences in your house then you can choose a home theatre system. Now let us move to the final section of our article and check which one is the best option for you.
Click here to Check Out the Best Home Theatre System in India.
Final Verdict – Which one is the best for you?
If you have read the article till this point, then you are well aware of the benefits that a soundbar and home theatre system can provide you with. We know both the gadgets are tempting in their own way but here are some important tips that will help you decide which is more beneficial.
Why choose a soundbar?
- If you have a small room that cannot accommodate the different speakers and woofers of a home theatre system, then it is better to go with a soundbar. They will consume less space and will also look better in the room any interior that you have.
- If you are looking for equipment that is easy to set up and you do not have a lot of time to spare, then a soundbar is simply a good option. Just connect the soundbar to your TV and you’re done.
You May like to Read Ultimate Sound bar Buying Guide.
Why choose a home theatre system?
- If you are looking for exceptional surround sound system in your house then nothing can beat the performance of a home theatre system. Different positions of the speakers and powerful subwoofer will surely keep your enthralled all the time.
- If you want to get countless options to customize your audio setup then you need to go to a home theatre system. There are several channels of audio, subwoofers, customizable positions and a lot more that you can do with a home theatre system.
Both the devices are capable of delivering you high-quality service when it comes to audio. With the integration of high-end technologies like Dolby Atmos, Harman Surround Sound etc. enhances the performance of this two audio equipment. So depending on your preferences, needs and budget you have in mind, you will need to choose between a soundbar and a home theatre system wisely.
We hope that this article has helped you to understand which audio system will suit your needs the best and on which grounds you will need to choose between a soundbar and a home theatre system.