The objectives of the University:
- To provide quality education and make provisions for research, advancement and dissemination of knowledge.
- To create higher level of intellectuals, teachers, managers and professionals in the field of Co-operative and allied sectors;
- To create centre of Excellence for research and education and for sharing knowledge and its application in the development of Co-operative movement and allied sectors;
- To confer and award degrees, diploma and other academic distinctions or any such other method as may be prescribed in the Statutes.
- To collaborate with other institution in India and abroad in furtherance of its objectives.
- To pursue any other objectives as may be approved by the authority of the University.
Notwithstanding anything contained in any other law for the time being in force but without prejudice to the provisions of this Act, it shall be the duty of the University to take all such steps as it may benefit for the promotion of the University and for the determination of standard of teaching , evaluation and research in such system and for the purpose of performing these functions , the University shall have such powers, including the power to allocate and disburse grants to off campus centre whether admitted to its privileges or not to any other University or institutions of learning as may be specified by the statutes.