- The Academic Council shall be the academic body of the University and shall, subject to the provisions of this Act, the Statutes and the ordinances have the control and general regulation of and be responsible for the maintenance of standards of the instruction, education and examination within the University.
- The Academic Council shall consist of the following members, namely :
- The Vice-Chancellor ;
- The Deans of faculties ;
- The Professors of the University ;
- The University Readers who are Heads of Department ;
- The Librarian of the University.